hi there, thanks for stopping by.
What follows is a bit lengthy, but will give you a better idea of what we do, what a person in this role would do and how we work (the below quote sums it up nicely). Our only request is that you please read it all carefully to ensure the role is truly a fit before applying.
Work ethic is about showing up, being on time, being reliable, doing what you say you’re going to do, being trustworthy, putting in a fair day’s work, respecting the work, respecting the customer, respecting the organization, respecting co-workers, not wasting time, not making work hard for other people, not creating unnecessary work for other people, not being a bottleneck, not faking work. Work ethic is about being a fundamentally good person that others can count on and enjoy working with.
–Jason Fried, Founder & CEO at Basecamp
As a team, we strongly believe in work ethic as explained in the above quote and consider it the basis of how every successful surefoot contractor and employee will operate.
sr. paid media manager role and requirements
As a senior paid media manager at surefoot, you will interact with project managers, copywriters/content creators and occasionally, our clients. Your primary role will consist of helping organize, upload and monitor our clients’ campaigns and ads to improve their CAC, ROAS, CTR (and all those other fun marketingspeak acronyms).
this role is probably a fit if the following excite you:
- Testing and analyzing different ad creative, copy, placements, styles, etc. to learn what does and doesn’t resonate.
- A customer-centric approach that prioritizes strategy over speed. In other words, segmenting ads by personas, customer attributes, etc. instead of a “spray and pray” approach.
- Owning the day-to-day management of a client’s ad program and managing their spend as if it were your own money.
- Learning more about people and what makes them tick, throws them off, and keeps them engaged.
- Working flexibly, independently and efficiently.
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge in e-commerce, Paid Search, Paid Social, Digital Video Advertising, Programmatic Display, Affiliate Marketing.
- Demonstrable experience using Supermetrics, Data Studio and/or Google Sheets for reporting.
- Experience in a client-facing or client-side paid media role.
- Detail oriented, communicative, genuinely gives a damn about helping clients grow their businesses.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with good “email voice”.
Self-motivation, ability to work independently and remotely, the desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Examples or references demonstrating your paid media successes for other clients or companies.
- Previous experience managing paid media for e-commerce clients.
- Active certifications for Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Blueprint.
- Past experience or ability to develop creative (assets, copy).
- Experience with tools such as Asana, Airtable and Google Drive.
- Funny GIF library, good emoji usage, sense of humor.
salary & benefits details
- The team is fully remote (even pre-COVID), and the role allows freedom and flexibility of location within the US.
- Base salary: $75,000 to $95,000 (depending on previous experience, copywriting/creative ability, etc.)
- Benefits: health, generous vacation and paid holidays, occasional 1/2 day Fridays, self-care bonuses, all-hands trips, learning budget, Internal Innovation Weeks, fully remote team, laptop budget and more!
- The position is open to U.S.-based applicants only. No Visa sponsorship is provided.
our values and culture
Our values are extremely important to us and we stake the company on them. This means that even the Grand Poobah of PPC won’t be considered if our values don’t align.
give a damn. In case you haven’t noticed, this is a big one for us and we put it front-and-center in everything we do. We give a damn about our clients and refuse to waiver on doing what is best for them, even if it means less upside for us. We give a damn about our work, so we always go the extra mile to ensure we are proud of the things we stamp our names on. We give a damn about each other, so we strive to infuse kindness throughout our interactions – with clients, each other, our communities, and all those we meet. And finally, we give a damn about the environment, which is why we’re proudly Climate Neutral and partners of 1% For The Planet.
own your mistakes, learn from them, and move on. Our preferred path is to “fail fast”. In other words, identify your mistakes, take ownership, discuss what you learned, identify solutions for ways to correct them so they don’t happen again, and move on.
channel your inner entrepreneur. If a process or task is hindering you in some way, don’t wait to be asked to fix it. Like Nike says, Just Do It™. Make it work for you. Experiment. You’re a smart, capable person so don’t ask permission. Arrive with a well-thought-out solution that makes it easy for everyone to say “yes” to, you smarty, you.
ready to apply?
Since we are a remote team, we have a somewhat atypical interview process. For the first step of the interview phase, we ask applicants to show basic competency in the necessary skill sets.
If all is well there, you’ll move on to phase two which involves a Zoom video call to get to know one another a bit better. If we’re feeling good about that, we’ll contact your references.
And finally, if your references check out and confirm you’re not a stabber, we’ll ask you to do some actual paid work with us to determine fit for both parties.
To apply, submit our application form here: https://airtable.com/shr6Yxn6s5Bu5S5en
All applicants will receive a response. surefoot is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.