hi there, thanks for stopping by.
What follows is a bit lengthy, but will give you a better idea of what we do, what this role entails and how to apply.
operations manager role and requirements
As an operations manager at surefoot, your daily interactions will mostly consist of conversations with our 2 co-founders, Brian and Laura, as well as various 3rd party vendors. We’re 4 years strong, but still very much a growing startup. We’ll look to you to wear a number of hats and help keep the wheels on the bus through organization, efficiency, and planning.
Tasks you may find yourself doing in this role include:
- sending new hire gifts
- setting up surefoot as a foreign corp in new states we hire in
- writing initial job postings, keeping our WordPress site updated and helping with recruiting
- scheduling calls, travel (someday, we hope!) and appointments for founders
- creating sales contracts and send for redlines and signature
- updating onboarding documentation, handbook, etc. to keep current
- scheduling team events and culture stuff
- compiling client/employee satisfaction surveys
- coordinating, packaging and mailing client holiday gifts
- planning team all-hands
- 1% for the Planet & Climate Neutral certification tracking & process
- town hall agenda prep and planning
- the occasional around town errand
- …and more!
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Are detail-oriented AF. If you see a grammatical error in this post, you’ll have a hard time not pointing it out.
- Feel a visceral reaction to poor/lack of organization. You probably have your closet organized by color.
- Find purpose and pride in helping the team win. You weren’t the star forward written up in the local paper every weekend. You were the hard-working, heads-down defender ensuring the ball never reached the goalie (more “guts over glory”-type personality).
- Are conversational, friendly and able to talk to most anyone without hesitation (but you exercise good judgement if someone drives by in a white van and offers you free candy).
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy siloed remote work with a social component.
- Enjoy making decisions and can confidently do so without hand-holding or regular direction.
- Subscribe to the theory that variety is the spice of life and enjoy using both sides of your brain to tackle many different types of projects in a day.
- 2+ years of professional experience as an operations manager, executive assistant, chief of staff or similar.
- located in Austin, TX or within 30 miles of Austin
- experience with tools like Google Docs, Gmail, Slack and a general tech savvy / ability to independently and quickly learn new tools and platforms.
- experience building Powerpoint/Google Slides/Keynote presentations
- high “give a damn” factor – you care about the quality of your work and do what you say you’re going to do.
- high emotional intelligence.
- desire to have a flexible schedule
- accounting or bookkeeping experience
- funny GIF library, good emoji usage, sense of humor
salary and benefits details
- Hourly rate is $30-$35/hour, depending on experience.
- The position is currently 1099 and offers 40-50 hours/month. This has the potential to grow as the company (and your interest!) do.
- The position is open to U.S.-based applicants only. No Visa sponsorship is provided.
ready to apply?
We look forward to hearing from you! To apply, please submit our application form.
All applicants will receive a response. surefoot is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.