hi there, thanks for stopping by.
What follows is a bit lengthy, but will give you a better idea of what we do, what this role entails and how to apply.
what we do
We’re a boutique growth agency that gives a damn about our work, our clients, our people, and doing the right thing. We specialize in:
- user experience research and design
- full-service a/b testing and personalization (aka conversion rate optimization)
- data analytics
about your role and team
If you would rather feel trusted to use your expertise and problem-solve than have your manager hawking over your shoulder micromanaging you, keep reading! Here at surefoot, we hire smart, entrepreneurially-minded folks and get out of their way so they have the space to deliver real value to our clients. Leave the wasted time, infighting and red tape to someone else. You didn’t become a digital analyst to deal with that stress mess day in and day out!
As a digital analyst at surefoot, you’ll spend your days analyzing website performance data (think overall trends, clickstream and customer journeys) to uncover meaningful insights for e-commerce clients like Hydro Flask, Peak Design, Made In and OXO. You’ll perform basic statistical analysis, including calculating statistical significance and minimum detectable effect, and ensure metrics are properly tracking in Google Analytics and A/B testing tools so our data tells a complete story. Speaking of stories, you’ll occasionally need to communicate complex concepts and datasets to internal and external stakeholders in written and verbal form, so you should be comfortable spending some time in the spotlight.
Internally, you’ll enjoy collaborating with kind, supportive co-workers who respect you and your time – both at and away from the virtual office. You’ll be recognized by peers, leadership and clients for your curiosity and attention to detail, which are critical to your success. In fact, “do the bare minimum”, dependent personalities don’t last long here. Nor do people with “that’s not in my job description” attitudes. When smart people collaborate instead of compete and bring solutions instead of problems, amazing things happen.
Speaking of collaboration, that’s something you’ll occasionally do with our clients. We bend over backwards (but not forwards) to make sure they’re happy. Our goal is to be the best, most helpful agency they’ve ever worked with. To help us achieve that goal, we encourage you to share and celebrate your authentic self day in-and-day-out with co-workers and clients alike. Even if it means letting your “weird” show every once in awhile.
We’ll be honest; surefoot isn’t for everyone. We encourage and expect you to use your expertise, make decisions without a lot of oversight, go above and beyond to help a teammate or client, spend time to thoughtfully communicate asynchronously, and manage your own work schedule. If you’re a humble team player who likes to see and contribute to the success of something greater than yourself, then we want you to apply. Now.
a day in the life of a digital analyst
- start your morning with a cup o’ joe and fire up your computer to check emails, Slack, and Asana.
- it’s 10:30 CDT, time for our team Zoom stand-up to chit chat with teammates a bit, then talk about your tasks for the day and any blockers.
- shortly after stand-up, you’ll check in on a few live A/B tests to ensure the data looks healthy.
- once that’s done, you’ll spend a few hours analyzing a recently concluded A/B test. There’s one thing that isn’t adding up, so you’ll put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and sleuth the answer.
- as the day nears its end, you’ll sign off on a few test specs to ensure all metrics you’ll want to track are in place before a test goes live.
- if it’s the first Wednesday of the month, grab your beverage of choice and wrap up the day with the team at a virtual happy hour.
- 3-4+ years of professional experience in data analysis and statistics
- 2+ years of deep experience with Google Analytics
- 2+ years experience analyzing e-commerce datasets
- working knowledge of statistical frameworks and concepts pertinent to A/B testing, including Frequentist and Bayesian statistics, p-values, confidence intervals, minimum detectable effect, etc.
- top notch communicator with good writing skills, grammar and grasp of the English language
- exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail (e.g., if you found an error in this job description, it is still bugging you)
- self-motivation, ability to work independently and remotely
- strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- high emotional intelligence
- hobbies outside of work
- GAIQ certification
- experience with Google Analytics R package(s)
- experience querying, manipulating, and analyzing large data sets using R or SQL
- experience with A/B testing or personalization
- some background or education in the humanities or creative writing
- experience with tools like Optimizely, Dynamic Yield, Optimize, VWO, HotJar, etc.
- interest in the outdoors or staying active (many of our clients fall into the outdoors and active lifestyle industry)
- funny GIF library, good emoji usage, sense of humor
salary and benefits
The position is full-time W-2 and open to U.S.-based applicants only. No Visa sponsorship is provided.
- Base salary: $80,000 to $110,000 (depending on experience)
- Benefits and perks:
- fully-remote team (even pre-COVID!)
- health insurance – we pay 80% of your premium, up to $400
- 2.5 weeks paid vacation to start (more accrued annually)
- $2,000 technology / WFH office budget
- 11 paid holidays
- two 1/2 day Fridays per month
- self-care bonuses
- company-paid all-hands trips
- Climate Neutral smart thermostat reimbursement
- new hire and client referral bonuses
- client discounts
- $400 learning budget
- …more as the company grows, with your input solicited on benefits that matter to you!
ready to apply?
Great, we’re looking forward to meeting you! To get the ball rolling, please submit this form.
If all is well there, you’ll move on to phase two which involves a Zoom video call or two to get to know one another a bit better. If we’re feeling good about that, we’ll contact your references.
And finally, if your references check out and confirm you’re not a stabber, we’ll ask you to do some actual paid work with us to determine fit for both parties. This paid project is a nice way for both parties to get a feel for one another’s work, communication style and more.
All applicants will receive a response. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are also committed to working with candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.